The bread tastes great and is light. It is perfect for food storage because it does not require eggs, butter, or milk.
Mix the following together on low speed until well blended.
6 Cups hot water
2/3 Cup oil
2/3 to 1 Cup honey (according to desired sweetness)
2 Tbl. instant yeast
2 Tbl. dough enhancer
2 Tbl. vital wheat gluten
5 Cups freshly milled wheat flour
On Medium Speed:
Add 2 Tbl salt. Then slowly add about 10 cups of wheat flour while kneading. Sprinkle in the last of the flour 1/4 cup at a time. When enough flour has been added, the dough pulls cleanly away from the sides of the bowl. Knead on medium speed for another 5 minutes. then shape the dough, place it into the loaf pans, cover with a cloth and let until the dough doubles in size. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes until the top is golden brown.
Yields about 4 loaves.
Note: I use a standard size kitchen aid mixer. It is too small to accommodate the whole recipe, so I cut the recipe in half. Also, when I don't have wheat gluten or dough enhancer, I use 3 cups of white flour in place of 3 cups of the wheat flour.
No comments:
Post a Comment