Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Mexican Chicken "Lasagna"

This is the fastest and easiest chicken enchilada I have ever tried.

1 pkg (8 oz) Cream Cheese
1/4 Cup fresh Cilantro, chopped
2 Cups Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
1 Can (28 oz) Green Enchilada Sauce
12 (6 inch) Flour Tortilla
3 Cups Chicken, cooked (diced or shredded)
2/3 Chopped onions

Place cream cheese microwave safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30 - 45 seconds or until very soft. Add cilantro and 1 1/2 cups of the Monterey Jack cheese; mix well. Spead 2/3 cup of the enchilada sauce over bottom of casserole dish (use a microwave safe dish that has a lid). Pour remaining enchilada sauce into large bowl; set aside.

To assemble lasagna, dip four tortillas into enchilada sauce and place in casserole dish, overlapping as necessary. Scoop half of the cream cheese over tortillas; spread evenly. Top with one cup of the chicken and 1/3 of the onion. Repeat layers one time. Top with remaining chicken and onion. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over lasagna and sprinkle with remaining monterey jack cheese.

Microwave, covered, on High 12-15 minutes or until center is hot. Let stand 10 minutes. Sprinkle with additional chopped cilantro (if desired).

*NOTE: This is a Pampered Chef recipe and I bake this in a Pampered Chef "Covered Baker". I do not know how it would turn out in the microwave in a regular casserole dish. If you want to try, then let me know how it works. Other wise I'd do the first part in the microwave, then I'd bake it, (covered) at 350 for 30 to 40 min.

No comments:

Followers